We are thrilled to offer the dual language program at our school. We offer Spanish dual language in kindergarten through 4th grade in the 2022-23 school year. Another grade level will be added each year until the program is schoolwide.
Students in our dual language program receive 50% of their instruction in English and 50% in Spanish and are taught by qualified bilingual teachers. The program includes native speakers of English, Spanish and many other languages. Students learn reading and writing in both languages, math in English, and science, social studies and health in Spanish.
The goals of the dual language program are to help students:
- Become bilingual and biliterate, developing high levels of proficiency in two languages.
- Perform at or above grade level in academic areas in both languages.
- Demonstrate positive cross-cultural attitudes and behaviors.
There are three ways to enroll in an elementary dual language school. The process will vary depending on your neighborhood school. Each dual language school is also paired with a partner school that allows families to opt in or out of the dual language program. Visit our enrollment page to learn more.
Hazel Valley is also a partner to our Vietnamese dual language school, White Center Heights Elementary.
How to Enroll in the Dual Language Partner School
If you live in the service area of a partner school and want to participate in the dual language program, follow these steps:
- Complete the online enrollment process.
- Submit this Vietnamese Dual Language Request Form form.
- You will be placed on a waitlist.
- If space is available, your dual language partner school will contact you.
- Transportation to the dual language school will be provided.
If you have additional questions, please contact your child’s school or the Language Learning Department at 206-631-3035.