Children turning 5 years old on or before August 31 can start kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year.
We want students to succeed in kindergarten on day one, that's why we offer programs and materials for incoming students and their families to prepare.
Register your incoming kindergartener early to gain access to free kindergarten readiness programs and materials.
Please visit our Central Office, 15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien, to pick up and submit registration paperwork. Also, please bring the following:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of your address
- Rental agreement, purchase agreement or utility bill
- Documents of public agencies; e.g., courts, Department of Social and Health Services medical coupon or rent voucher, a public utility bill, waste management, or power bill, etc., showing parent’s or guardian’s or adult student’s name and address.
- Official court documents establishing a legal guardianship and the guardian’s residency.
- Parent/Guardians without proof of residency documentation are advised to contact their neighborhood school for enrollment assistance
- Immunization records
- Contact information for two emergency contacts
Once you turn in your registration materials, you will gain access to a number of free kindergarten readiness programs.
Kindergarten readiness programs include:
- Kindergarten Jump Start: Offered in August to all incoming kindergarten students. It is a week-long learning experience to help incoming kindergarten students and their families get ready to start school.
- School-based events
To learn more, visit highlineschools.org/kenrollment